This position is responsible for implementing / coordinating public outreach plans, including some writing, conducting research, preparing materials, maintaining contacts and responding to inquiries. This person is a member of the account services team and will assist other similar positions as required or assigned, and acts as an in-house contact for clients and media. The Account Executive requires strong writing skills, excellent communications skills, and a good working knowledge of public relations and digital/traditional media as it relates to advertising and marketing. This person should have current Microsoft Word and Excel skills, familiarity with interactive and traditional media terminology, good phone skills, strong verbal and written communications skills, and the ability to work independently if necessary.
Experience creating and managing databases, developing spreadsheets and managing digital files is beneficial.
Two to five years of professional experience in traditional or digital media services, interactive or advertising agency, PR firm or a large corporation, focusing on marketing communications, brand management and/or the positioning and promotion of strategic business initiatives.
Reports to Director, Client Services & Content Director
- Orders art or other materials needed for distribution to the media.
- Creates a weekly public outreach schedule for account service (and client) review and approval.
- Oversees the clipping/archiving of agency-generated stories as well as client media schedules and provides monthly recap of placement results to account executives for distribution to clients on or before the (15th) of each month.
- Assists in creating video, slide shows or other visual presentations for meetings and business gatherings; helps coordinate and manage events.
- Provides general administrative support to the account services team.
- Maintains current computer skills related to daily functions; notifies director of client services of necessary hardware/software upgrades or purchases, or training needs.
- Assists in preparing presentation materials, interactive media plans and/or grids, or full interactive/traditional media proposals.
- Gathers and assembles background information and analyses as needed in development of interactive media plans, documents, and presentations.
- Provides media planning research, including: contacting online resources and advertising venues to obtain information; downloading and reviewing online media information; talking or meeting with media representatives one-on-one; obtaining industry-specific marketing data from trade associations, etc.
- Handles paperwork and maintains digital and hard copy files on all client activities and media purchases of their competitors and their industries; maintains client correspondence files, including approvals, copy, forms/documents, supplies for daily processing and tracking media planning and buying work, etc.; maintains accurate records of all media purchases and online contracts for easy reference.
- Assists in compilation and interpretation of media data and statistics.
- Processes interactive media recommendations as required by the content director.
- Maintains client media records for all assigned interactive media accounts, detailing past work, work-in-progress, and all pertinent information needed for accurate proofreading and maintenance of client standards in all interactive/web properties and online advertising and marketing.
- Ensures all interactive media projects proceed according to plan and on deadline, drawing attention of the content director, planners and buyers to potential problems before they occur.
- May be required to attend industry functions such as press conferences, client functions, product launches, company parties, or others, as requested.
- Ensures that all work has been proofread and completes the standard agency approval process before being reviewed by clients or turned over to suppliers.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com