This position is responsible for supporting the client accounts by coordinating, implementing and reporting on public outreach plans. The Digital & Media Strategist is a member of the client services team and will craft and execute media strategy and provide general support to other team members, as needed. Day-to-day responsibilities may include compiling and editing a variety of media-related materials, conducting media research, preparing materials, interfacing with clients and media sales representatives and responding to inquiries.
An ideal candidate will possess
- Working knowledge of the media landscape as it relates to advertising, marketing and PR
- Certification through Google Adwords, Facebook Ads and/or other PPC platforms
- Up to date knowledge with the latest best practices of PPC and paid social strategies
- Ability to think strategically and execute quickly
- Strong collaboration and communications skills
- Presents a positive and professional attitude
- Organizational and prioritization skills
- Experience in creating and managing databases, developing spreadsheets and managing digital files
- Project management experience is preferred, but not required
Education & Experience
- Professional experience (includes internships) in paid traditional and digital media strategy at an interactive or advertising agency, PR firm or a large corporation focusing on marketing communications, brand management and/or the positioning and promotion of strategic business initiatives.
- Candidate must have a bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, advertising, digital media, journalism or related field.
- Crafts and executes on digital and traditional media strategy to achieve clients’ strategic marketing goals on budget.
- Provides media planning research, including: contacting media outlets to obtain information; negotiating depending on clients’ needs; downloading and reviewing online media information; talking or meeting with media representatives one-on-one; obtaining industry-specific marketing data from trade associations, etc.
- Gathers and assembles background information and analyses as needed in development of interactive media plans, documents, and supporting materials.
- Compiles and interprets media data and statistics regularly and adjusts as needed to ensure ROI.
- Provides support, as needed, to the Director of Content with social media strategy.
- Assist AE’s to ensure all interactive media projects proceed according to plan and on deadline, anticipating and troubleshooting potential problems before they occur.
- Maintains accurate records of all media purchases.
- Orders art or other materials needed for distribution to the media.
- Handles paperwork and maintains records of media planning and execution for client accounts, including approvals, copy, forms/documents, etc.
- Ensures that all work has been proofread and completes the standard agency approval process before being reviewed by clients or turned over to suppliers.
- May be required to attend industry functions such as press conferences, client functions, product launches, company parties, or others, as requested.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org