So... are you into building websites? We could use your help!
This paid position will support the front-end development phase of our website building process. You'll work closely with the web team, account/project managers, and other staff members to help deliver awesome online experiences. This job will provide a great opportunity for refining skills with potential for a full career with us down the road.
- CSS styling of naked websites to make them look like our designer's pretty mockups
- Add/write HTML as needed to facilitate the building process
- Chopping up and exporting images/assets in Photoshop or similar software
- Learning the ins and outs of the CMS products we use (Drupal, Wordpress, etc.)
- Adding pages and final content to websites
- Understand and apply current industry trends in web dev, particularly in responsive web design
- Assist in the coordination and preparation for internal and external meetings.
- Knowledge/proficiency in HTML, CSS and JS
- Understanding of building responsive layouts for different screen sizes
- Adobe Creative Suite or similar software (we use Photoshop a lot)
- Possess a positive attitude and ability to work in a collaborative and energetic team environment.
- Ability to receive feedback productively and make multiple changes upon request.
- Comfortable talking to clients and our team (and/or space robots)
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks independently.
- Fine attention to detail with the ability to produce accurate end-results.
Although not required, we'd think you were super awesome if you were familiar with:
- Website CMS frameworks (Drupal, Wordpress, etc)
- Designing cool-looking visual stuff
We're open to all sorts of scenarios. Already holding a degree in web development, visual communication, or similar? Heck yes. Currently pursuing a degree in those areas? Come on down! Good ol' fashioned self-taught web geeks will be considered too, if you know your stuff. Online portfolio or samples of previous work is essential, so get ready to share it!
Please email your resume and website samples to email@example.com.