This position is responsible for completion and maintenance of the general ledgers and ﬁnancial reports. They should possess an excellent knowledge of Clients & Proﬁts (an agency-specific software), a 10-Key calculator and familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures in the accounting and human resource ﬁelds. They will also assist the President with payroll, attendance and implementation and enforcement of the company handbook and its policies.
As an office manager, they are responsible for reception duties and general ofﬁce management involved in day-to-day operations of the agency including a working knowledge of a VOIP/(Polycom) telephone system, good interpersonal skills and phone etiquette as well as knowledge of commonly used advertising concepts, practices and procedures.
- Primary accounting responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Works closely with the President to assure ﬁnancial stability and proﬁtability of the Agency.
- Works closely with the President to implement company policies & procedures.
- Prepares and reconciles payroll accounts.
- Prepares and distributes new employee documentation forms and beneﬁt enrollment where applicable.
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll.
- Maintains employee attendance records including PTO information and documentation.
- Prepares monthly ﬁnancials for the President, including Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and comparisons.
- Manages accounts receivable including preparation of client deposits. Sends invoices and statements for delinquent accounts.
- Manages accounts payables, purchase order processing and checks for signing.
- Issues 1099’s to qualiﬁed vendors annually.
- Maintains and reconciles business checking and payroll banking accounts, line of credit and credit card accounts.
- Prepares and submits monthly sales tax, CAT & BWC as required.
- Works closely with agency’s CPA to produce year-end reports for tax purposes.
- Monitors Agency cash ﬂow and apprises President.
- Assists with phone reception when necessary.
- Prepares other reports as needed by the President.
Office Management Responsibilities
- Primary office management responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greets vendors, customers, job applicants and other visitors to The Foundry.
- Answers phone and trafﬁc phone calls.
- Helps to maintain current client contact information in spreadsheets and Clients & Proﬁts software.
- Manages / maintains ofﬁce supplies and snacks. Places order or makes a purchase when necessary.
- Opens and distributes mail.
- Prepares birthday and holiday mailings for clients; maintains and updates lists.
- May be asked to prepare or assist in preparation of business communications.
- May be asked to run errands to meet business needs.
- Maintains shipping and mailing supplies and practices cost-effective, timely methods in preparing shipment/deliveries for client or agency.
- Assures neat and clean common areas of The Foundry, including: reception area, conference room, kitchenette and bar area; restocks restrooms as needed.
- Helps make coffee throughout the day for employees/clients.
- Assists in monitoring maintenance of ofﬁce & grounds, communicating with cleaning crews, snow crews or reporting any equipment or structural damage or malfunction directly to the President.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Competitive pay
- Paid holidays, vacation & sick time
- Profit sharing
- Energetic atmosphere & fun culture
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org