So... are you into building websites? We could use your help!
This full-time position will support the front-end development phase of our website building process. You'll work closely with the web team, account/project managers, and other staff members to help deliver awesome online experiences. Candidates of all experience levels will be considered, along with applicants with part-time availability.
- CSS styling of naked websites to make them look like our designer's pretty mockups
- Add/write HTML as needed to facilitate the building process.
- Chopping up and exporting images/assets in Photoshop or similar software
- Learning the ins and outs of the CMS products we use (Drupal, Wordpress, etc.)
- Adding pages and final content to websites
- Understand and apply current industry trends in web dev, particularly in responsive web design
- Attend internal and external meetings to facilitate projects, as needed.
- Knowledge/proficiency in HTML, CSS and JS
- Understanding of building responsive layouts for different screen sizes
- Adobe Creative Suite or similar software (we use Photoshop a lot)
- Possess a positive attitude and ability to work in a collaborative and energetic team environment.
- Ability to receive feedback productively and make multiple changes upon request.
- Comfortable talking to clients and our team (and/or space robots)
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks independently.
- Fine attention to detail with the ability to produce accurate end-results.
We'd think you were extra awesome if you:
- Are already a master of website CMS frameworks (Drupal, Wordpress, etc)
- Have slick designer skills to help us create cool-looking visual assets and layouts
- Can mix up an excellent Manhattan
Education & Experience
We're open to all sorts of scenarios: entry-level, mid-level, master-level, student, elf, wizard, gremlin, etc. Already holding a degree in web development, visual communication, or similar? Heck yes. Currently pursuing a degree in those areas? Come on down! Do you consider yourself more of a website "designer", but know enough HTML/CSS to get a basic site built? We'd still like to meet you! Good ol' fashioned self-taught web geeks will be considered too, if you know your stuff.
Online portfolio or samples of previous website work is essential, so get ready to share it!
- Competitive pay
- Paid holidays, vacation & sick time
- Energetic atmosphere & fun culture
Please email your resume and website samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. We're looking forward to meeting you!